Tips, Tools and Tactics for Effective Crisis Communications in a Social Media World
– Julie A. Zawiska, a senior federal government manager with more than 25 years of experience in the federal government and private sector. In her current position as Director, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) Office of Training and Communications at the FDA, Ms. Zawisza oversees CDER’s public outreach and communications programs. She has also served as the FDA’s Acting and Assistant Commissioner for Public Affairs, where she directed agency-wide public affairs and media relations initiatives and programs.
– Laura Howe, vice president of public relations for the American National Red Cross. Laura is responsible for planning and executing the public affairs and overall corporate media strategies for the Red Cross. In her role, she serves as one of the primary Red Cross spokespersons and oversees day-to-day corporate media relations and crisis communication efforts.
Panelists will discuss:
– Best practices for effective crisis communications
– Benefits and challenges of a 24-hour news cycle
– Social media’s influence on outreach
– Tips and resources directly from the experts
– Crisis Communications Q&A
Date: September 30, 2010
Time: Noon to 2 p.m.
Location: National Association of Broadcasters 1717 N Street, NW Washington, DC
Attire: Business Casual
WWPR and PRSA members – Free
Non-members – $15